The Finance Associate, shall assist in the running of the day-to-day Finance, at the CloudFactory Kenya Office. S/he shall work with the team to find ways to make the company more productive, by contributing to effective methods in its Finance functions.
- Bank Reconciliation on a weekly basis, and maintaining records of the monthly bank statements for all our banks.
- Maintain records, and process cloud worker payments, and the staff payroll. Respond to any queries that may arise accordingly, this will mean resolving discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information before coming to any decision.
- Maintain employee confidence and protect payroll operations by keeping the information strictly confidential.
- Update payroll records by entering changes in staff earnings, deductions, job title, transfers etc in our books of accounts.
- Prepare summary reports of earnings, taxes, deductions, leaves, bonus and other variables as required to ensure accuracy of the payroll.
- Maintain payroll tax liabilities by calculating employee income at prevailing tax rates, update the payroll system, update the itax system, and ensure that we are paying the correct tax at all times, and that all payments are paid before the deadlines.
- Preparation and submission of VAT returns, and ensuring timely payments.
- Preparation and submission of Withholding tax, and ensuring timely payments.
- Ensure payments and payroll comply with company policies and procedures; reporting any needed changes in a timely manner. Make sure that all the necessary records are updated in the accounting system at all times.
- Petty cash daily count, handling, record keeping and reporting.
- Receive, check and record regular vendor invoices, before proceeding to prepare payment.
- Provide monthly reports on regular expenses.
- Prepare, record cheques and petty cash vouchers in our accounting system before seeking approval from authorizing signatory.
- Provide monthly reports on regular expenses. Receive expense claim forms from various departments, scan them, forward for approval if needed and process it for payment.
- Do other accounting and finance related tasks.
- Preparation and subsequent issuing of the management accounts and reports.
- Coordinate with the Global Operation departments to standardize the internal control process.
- Monthly closing checklist updating and closing.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Knowledge required:
- Good verbal and written communication in Swahili and English.
- Ability to prioritize, open minded and good organizational skills.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong initiative and leadership skills.
- Ability to Balance Priorities: Organizes time, and delegates responsibilities to balance administrative and leadership priorities.
- Fosters Shared Leadership: That takes advantage of individual expertise, strengths, and talents, and encourages professional growth to the people reporting to you.
- Maintains Accountability: Establishes high standards of accountability for self and others.
- Continuous Improvement of Leadership: Is motivated to continuously improve leadership skills through, professional development, self-reflection, and utilization of input from others.
- Encourages Innovation: Employs innovative and effective solutions to complex problems.
- 2+ years in Finance/Accounting.
- Most probably you are a CPA(K), and have a degree in Finance, but we are less worried about your level of education, and more worried about your ability to execute.
Qualified interested candidates are requested to send resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject - Finance Associate - CF Kenya: Learn more about CloudFactory.